3 Weeks: 29th June 2015 – 17th July 2015
What Is Twitter?
Twitter has been steadily growing its userbase since it was created in 2006. Starting as an SMS text service, it has grown to be one of the most powerful social networks on the Internet. It has become the place where people go for breaking news stories, to find products and services, and to build and nurture relationships.
Book Your Spot
What you will learn
Week 1 – Getting Started
Learning Outcomes – In the first week, you will set up your twitter account, set up your profile and send your first tweet. You will also learn how to connect with others.
- What is Twitter and how does it connect people?
- Set up your Twitter account
- Choosing and uploading a profile picture and header image
- Writing a killer Twitter bio
- Send your first Tweet
- Send a Tweet to someone
- Understand when and why to shorten links, shorten and track a link
- Discover #tags, what they are and how to use them
Week 2 – Getting To Know People
Learning Outcomes – This week you will begin to see the real benefits of Twitter, during the course of the week you will begin to meet new people, get into conversations and participate in a Twitter chat.
- Finding people to follow, who should you follow and why?
- Joining conversations
- Learn the two ways to ReTweet and the benefits of both
- What are Twitter chats and how do you get involved
- Participating in Twitter chats
- Setting up Twitter lists to help you filter your feed
Week 3 – Enhancing Twitter With Apps & Rich Content
Learning Outcomes – In this final week you will take tweeting a step further. You will discover some of the best tools to use in conjunction with Twitter, learn how to use Twitter ‘advanced search’ to find people talking about your interests.
- Learning how to use advanced Twitter search to research a topic and connect with people with shared interests.
- Enhancing your tweets with photos and video
- The pros and cons of scheduling Tweets
- Using Hootsuite to manage your accounts
- Where to go from here – where will Twitter take you next?
- Predictions for the future
How It Works
- Sign up for the course by booking your place.
- You will receive your lessons via daily emails. A lesson is sent out every weekday morning for the duration of the course.
- You will receive feedback on your progress by doing the weekly assignments.
- You can also contact the trainers or chat with other participants in the We Teach Social group on facebook.
- By the end of the three weeks, you will be much more confident about your ability to tweet.
Who Should Take This Twitter Course?
If Twitter has passed you by but you are keen to get started, this course is for you. It’s a basic guide that will take you step by step through the process of setting up your account, sending your first tweet to getting involved in a Twitter chat with multiple users.
At the end of the three weeks you will be speaking the language of Twitter fluently.
How Is The Course Delivered?
This course is being taught over 3 weeks. You will receive a daily email (every week day) with a lesson for that day. You will be given mini assignments during the course and you will receive regular feedback on the progress of your Twitter account which is designed to ensure you stay on track and get the most from the course.
How familiar do I need to be with social media to do this course?
You will need an email address that isn’t currently attached to a Twitter account. You will also need basic computer skills.
This is a beginners course so don’t worry if you don’t know your Twitter from your Google+, you will be in good company. You will need to access Twitter via the web (rather than just email) to get full benefit from this course.