Starts 2oth January, Ends 21st February 2014
Why Use Pinterest?
Pinterest is one of the fastest growing social media platforms ever and is already delivering significant traffic to business websites. Pinterest users are in ‘shopping mode’ and spend more than when using any other platform. With 70 million users and growing steadily, Pinterest is becoming increasingly influential as a business and sales tool.
Who Should Take This Pinterest Course?
Maybe you have heard of Pinterest and believe it would work well for your business but you’re not sure where to start. Perhaps you’ve set up an account and just aren’t sure how to make the most of it. This course will show you how to maximise your success on Pinterest, starting with the absolute basics and working up to ensuring you understand how to use many of the Pinterest tools.
This course will be of use to almost all businesses but particularly to those who sell very visual products such as fashion items, food related products, crafts, travel, home decor, photography, art and design.
How Is The Course Delivered?
This course is being taught over 5 weeks. You will receive a daily email (every week day) with a lesson for that day. You will be given mini assignments during the course and you will receive regular feedback on the progress of your Pinterest account which is designed to ensure you stay on track and get the most from the course.
How familiar do I need to be with social media to do this course?
You will need an email address. Ideally you should have an existing website in order to benefit fully from this social media platform (or in the process of building a website).
Week 1 – Introduction and Getting Started
Learning Outcomes – In the first week, you will set up your pinterest account, understand how to use keywords to optimise your account, pin images and create pinboards. You will also understand how pinterest works and its potential for your business.
- What is Pinterest? How it works for businesses. You will be setting up your Pinterest account, following 10 people, adding your avatar and filling out your biography.
- You will be shown how to create 3 boards and you will be able to pin pins to those boards.
- How to categorise your boards and write a compelling description.
- How to find suitable pinners to follow
- How to repin and like other pins
- Assignment – to submit your pinterest account with all of the above completed.
Week 2 – How To Maximise Pinning Potential of Your Pins
Learning Outcomes – You will learn how to create pins that have the beauty or usefullness to be repinned by others (and perhaps go viral), maximising their potential to drive significant traffic to your website.
- What makes a good pin? How to create a successful pin.
- How to use free photo editing software to improve your images.
- How to use free software to add text to images.
- How to ensure your images are maximising their pinning potential on your blog and website.
- Assignment – to create a compelling pin for your website/blog and pin it to a board.
Week 3 – Shared Boards and Growing Followers
Learning Outcomes – You will understand how to create and use shared boards to connect with other pinners and increase the virality of your own pins, as well as recognising how to increase your followers.
- How to increase your followers
- How to add your pinterest widgets to your blog and any other web presence
- How to use shared boards to your advantage. How to create or join a shared board.
- How to create and use a secret board.
- Assignment – to create a shared Pinterest board.
Week 4 – The Written and Unwritten Rules of Pinterest
Learning Outcomes – You will learn how to follow the written and unwritten rules of correct ‘pinetiquette’.
- Pinterest and Copyright
- Pinetiquette – the written and unwritten rules
- More of – What Not To Do On Pinterest
- Identifying why popular pins are so successful
- Assignment: Check your own Pinterest Account follows the etiquette
Week 5 – Pinterest Tools & Measuring Results
Learning Outcomes – Many tools have been created which make the monitoring, measuring and scheduling of your Pinterest activity much easier. You will also learn how to evaluate your Pinterest activity to date and plan a Pinterest strategy for your business.
- Learn how to use a different pinterest tool each day
- Discover how to use Pinterest Analytics
- Assignment: Using Pinterest Analytics and other tools – evaluate your Pinterest progress to date and plan a strategy going forward.
Advanced Pinterest Course - If you feel you are using Pinterest well at the moment and wish to run contests, use more tools and use it more effectively for your business, do sign up for our Advanced course.